The faithful are born anew by Baptism,
strengthened by the sacrament of Confirmation,
and receive in the Eucharist the food of eternal life.
By means of these sacraments of Christian initiation,
they thus receive in increasing measure
the treasures of the divine life and advance toward
the perfection of charity”
RCIA or the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults is a process of reflection, education and faith sharing specifically intended for those individuals who
- Have never been baptized
- Have been baptized into another Christian Faith tradition
- Have been baptized into the Catholic faith, but have not completed the Sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation
We gather together for the 8:00 AM. Mass each Sunday and then meet in the Parish Center to reflect on the Sunday readings and share faith. Sessions begin in September and continue six weeks beyond Easter, with reception of the Sacraments at the Easter Vigil.
Various subjects are explored in depth, which include
- Images of God
- Who is Jesus?
- The Holy Spirit at Work in our Lives
- Overview of the Sacraments
- Reading and Understanding the Bible
- Mary and the Saints
- The Mass
- Catholic Social Justice Teaching
If you have felt called to explore this process, please contact:
Fr. Keith at 630-969-1063.
We welcome all questions.