St. Mary of Gostyn Church Music Ministry
Music Ministry consists of all those who share their talents of music, vocally and instrumentally, to help lead the entire assembly to a deeper level of understanding the Word of God and the Mystery of the Eucharist, through musical participation at Mass.
Components of St. Mary of Gostyn Music Ministry:
- 10:00 AM Choir: This SATB choir is open to all parish singers, high school through adult. We sing a variety of traditional and contemporary music, at the 10:00 am Mass from September through May-Early June. We rehearse on Thursday nights. Often, instrumentalists and the handbells join this group.
- Click HERE to print 2019/2020 10:00 AM Choir Schedule
- 8:00 AM Contemporary Ensemble: This group numbers 8-10 singers and is accompanied by piano, and often guitar, bass, and percussion. This ensemble sings for the 8:00 AM Mass. This group also sings for various prayer services and other services as needed.
- Festival Choir: This is the choir that is made up of both of the above groups and other singers/cantors who join for special occasions. This group sings for liturgies such as Midnight Mass, Holy Week, Easter Sunday and other special events. Rehearsals are scheduled prior to each event.
- Cantors: These individuals lead the singing at the Masses that do not have choirs: Saturday 4:30, Sunday noon and other Masses as needed. They prepare with the music director, and serve on a rotating schedule. Previous cantor experience is very helpful.
- Resurrection Choir: This is the funeral choir, consisting of individuals who are available to sing for morning funerals. Several members are also members of our regular choir and cantor groups. Rehearsal is on an “as needed” basis.
- 6:00 PM Choir/Instrumentalists: These musicians lead the music at our Sunday evening 6:00 PM Mass. The music is Contemporary Christian music and high school and college age singers are needed. Contact Noel Ganay, Choir Director for more information.
- Parish Children’s Choir: This choir is open to all children in the parish in grades 3-8. They meet weekly and sing once a month at the 8:00 AM Sunday mass and 4:30 Saturday mass. They also sing for Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday and the First Communion Liturgies.
- Instrumentalists: These individuals, high school and adult, assist and enhance the various liturgies and services we do by playing instruments. They join the choir for rehearsals at specified times.
Contact Persons for Music Ministry: