Welcome to St. Mary of Gostyn School!
Welcome to our website at St. Mary of Gostyn! St. Mary of Gostyn Catholic Parish and School is rich in Faith, Education, Service and Community. In 1891, Polish immigrants started our religious community with a small church of only 25 families. Since then, we have significantly grown and expanded over the past 125 years and currently have over 2,800 parish families! Five buildings make up our campus, including our church, parish center, rectory, school and learning resource center. At St. Mary of Gostyn, we are many parts, but one body sharing the message of Christ.
One way to enrich your family’s faith life is to consider a Catholic education for your children. For over 100 years, since 1897, children have been attending St. Mary of Gostyn School, and the school continues to grow and evolve to offer an excellent education in a caring and giving community. With a strong focus on our faith and the drive to exceed education standards, our students are well-prepared for high school and college with a strong academic, extra-curricular and spiritual foundation.
Thank you for visiting our website. If St. Mary of Gostyn School is the right fit for your family, we encourage you to become involved in our close-knit community to personally enrich your faith, learn all that you wish and share your service with others. We invite you to join our school community. To learn more about St. Mary of Gostyn School, please visit our campus for a tour. We look forward to seeing you soon!
SMG School Highlights
- Award winning preschool program for 3 and 4 year old children
- Full and Half Day Kindergarten
- Technology is integrated throughout the entire school, including:
- More than 320 networked devices/computers on a LAN environment
- Each student in grades 6-8 get their own Chromebook for use not only at school but also at home
- Grade 5 students each have their own Chromebook
- Microsoft Surface Computers in Grade 4
- iPad centers in Kindergarten and Grades 1-3
- Use Google Classroom, which is used in many high schools
- Interactive white boards in classrooms
- Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the campus
- Two computer labs, including an instructional/literacy lab and a library computer center
- Teacher webpages on parish website for easier communication between parent, student & teacher
- Before and after-school academic assistance
- No-cut athletics program beginning in 5th grade\
- A wide variety of extracurricular activities including student council, clubs, religious & social activities
- Student developed service projects & community outreach
- Extraordinary music & fine arts programs, including a musical production each spring
- Spanish instruction beginning in Kindergarten
- Weekly all-school Mass
- Special liturgies and prayer service for liturgical seasons like Advent, Christmas, Lent & Easter
- Sacrament preparation
- Bus service and After School Care available