St. Mary of Gostyn
444 Wilson St.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Title: Facilities Maintenance Staff Member for Church and School
Hours: Part Time, 25 hours, benefit ineligible
Reports to: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
This position assists the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor in maintenance, repairs, storage, upkeep and the general setup for events that occur on the campus.
Regular Job Responsibilities:
- Complete all work orders in a timely manner.
- Oversee all contracted workers on the campus.
- Snow removal and salt application during normal business hours.
- Ensure trash is deposed of properly.
- Ensure all necessary repairs are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain a “snow log” as required by the diocese.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Ensure the security of the campus.
- Maintain adequate janitorial supplies in all campus facilities, ie, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Maintain adequate event and PADS supplies for the Gathering Place.
- Oversight of all deliveries on campus.
- Maintain storage areas.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Parish Manager or Pastor.
As Needed Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain all lighting, including use of scaffolding where needed.
- Maintain font in Church.
- Rid rooftop/gutters/AC units of debris.
- Do setups for School and Church events.
- Painting when necessary.
- Emergency call outs when needed.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, painting, and electrical (ie, ballast work) knowledge necessary.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Availability Tuesday through Saturday as regular work schedule.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Terri O’Dekirk, Development Director/Parish Manager, at [email protected].