St. Mary Religious Education brings the Catholic teachings to children through scripture, prayer, projects and activities. Also included in the St. Mary Religious Education experience is an array of opportunities for the children to live out their faith as a small group, as an individual and in your own Household of Faith.
Three sessions of religious instruction are offered in the parish school building for grades 1-8. Parents can choose to register for:
- Wednesdays from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. (1st – 8th grade)
- Thursdays from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. (1st – 8th grade)
- Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. – 8th grade only
Children are assigned to small faith sharing groups and are lead by at least one adult Catechist.
The Religious Education year begin on September 30th and concludes at the end of May. Small groups and assignments will be sent to families by email in mid September.
Hybrid Instruction for 2020-21
Our goal for RE2021 is to offer a hybrid program for our students to provide a safe and healthy atmosphere.
The following is the schedule:
- Sacramental grades 1,2,7 & 8 will have in-person classes the first 3 weeks of the month and have online class the 4th week of each month.
- Grades 3,4,5,& 6 will have in-person class the 4th week of each month and have online classes the first 3 weeks of each month
We will offer a completely online program for families who elect not to do in-person learning. Books, links, and all materials will be provided through the Religious Education Office. Students will be expected to complete weekly assignments and/or unit reviews.
Due to the COVID virus, we may need to move from in-person learning to online learning for the health and wellbeing of our students, Catechist, volunteers and staff.
Call the Director, Jen Liszka at 630-960-3566 to inquire or register for Home Based Instruction.